Wednesday, January 19, 2011

More Important Things to Do

Today I've been deeply moved and reminded that I will NEVER be twenty again and that time is about to move faster and less kindly than I expect.

I'm in the process of reading CANCER IS A Bitch by Gail Konop Baker. So far.. so good. Her writing has caught me off guard a few times. Occasionally she will talk as if she is speaking in her head and I feel left lingering and thinking, was she just speaking in her head?

CANCER IS A Bitch makes me feel good for not often taking experiences, precious rare moments and even not the so great moments for granted. It'll all be over one day.. let today be good.

May today be good.
May you let love in.
May I bless your heart,
where shall I begin?
I bless your body.
I bless your life.
I bless your family and any strife.
May moments be merry.
May moments be bright.
May you remember the possibilities are out of your sight.
Please open your eyes.
Please go for the gold.
Please do what your heart tells you.
May you never grow old.


"I smell fear in the parched space between our lips -- sour and brittle; laced with all the things we forgot to say, all the times we didn't love one another enough".

No comments:

Post a Comment